[MacRuby-devel] [MacRuby] #810: MacRuby can't install the nokogiri of rubygems.

Aaron Patterson aaron at tenderlovemaking.com
Sat Jul 24 15:35:37 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 06:46:27PM -0000, MacRuby wrote:
> #810: MacRuby can't install the nokogiri of rubygems.
> ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  watson1978@…          |        Owner:  lsansonetti@…
>      Type:  defect                |       Status:  closed
> Changes (by lsansonetti@…):
>
>   * status:  new => closed
>   * resolution:  => invalid
>

> Comment:
>
>  It's a bug of Nokogiri (in Ruby 1.9, #include <ruby/st.h> must be used
>  instead of #include <st.h>. I reported this problem a few months ago to
>  the maintain who fixed it in top-of-tree, but it still has not been
>  released as a new gem yet.

Actually, we've fixed this months ago:

  http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/commit/602720e6

The problem is that MacRuby doesn't have a HAVE_RUBY_ENCODING_H
constant.  In Ruby 1.8, the correct thing is to include "st.h".  In 1.9,
we must include "ruby/st.h".  The way we determine which to use is by
looking for HAVE_RUBY_ENCODING_H.  HAVE_RUBY_ENCODING_H is defined in
1.9, but not in 1.8.

I'm happy to add an extra switch to the header file if there is
something special I can do for MacRuby.

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/