[MacRuby-devel] malloc error: GC operation on unregistered thread

Michael Jackson mjijackson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 09:08:02 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm getting a malloc error every time I run my app. Here's what I'm
getting in the console:

Running…
Bottlefly(45475,0x116a20000) malloc: *** auto malloc[45475]: error: GC
operation on unregistered thread. Thread registered implicitly. Break
on auto_zone_thread_registration_error() to debug.

Being a Ruby developer and not familiar with C debugging techniques,
I'm a bit lost as to what to do to track down this bug. I noticed
there's another thread going on right now, but with a slightly
different error. Does this seem like something that may be fixed in
trunk?

--
Michael Jackson
http://mjijackson.com