[MacRuby-devel] malloc error: GC operation on unregistered thread

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Tue Jul 27 12:41:29 PDT 2010

Hi Michael,

It's likely not a problem in your code neither in MacRubyi (I hope!), but in a framework you use. This warning typically happen when a native thread makes use of the GC without being registered. Do you use any 3rd party framework in your app?

In any case, try setting a breakpoint on auto_zone_thread_registration_error in Xcode, run your app, and once it breaks type "bt". It should tell you where exactly the problem is.

Laurent