[MacRuby-devel] Sequel + SQLite Crash SIGABRT

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Wed Oct 6 01:21:48 PDT 2010

Hi Mario,

On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:56 AM, Mario Steele wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I filed a bug report, dealing with Sequel and SQLite, with a minimal example reproducing the problem.  The jist of it, is when I create a new instance of my class that is subclassed from Sequel::Model, and attempt to assign data to it, it crashes with a SIGABRT.  Looking through the backtrace (which is also attached), it seems to crash in Sequel's model class, when inspecting the object.  Mind you, I'm not actually doing any inspection of the new instance, I'm only creating an instance of the class, and attempting to assign data to it.  It simply fails, and crashes on MacIRB.  I have no problems with Ruby itself, as it runs just perfect, and as expected.  I dunno what is causing the issues, but I figured I would bring it up, as I filed the ticket here: https://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/930

Thanks for filing the problem, I will have a look soon.

> Also, as a Side question, I'm building my code right now, using macrubyc, and a snippet from macruby_deploy to compile all my Ruby files into .rbo files, which is all fine and dandy, as everything works the way I intended (EG: not all of my .rbo files are in the root directory, and is structured in the .app bundle), I was wondering, if there was a way to compile all my .rbo files into a .dynlib and have my main program, link to the dynlib, so I can avoid having to have a bunch of .rbo files in the root of my Resources directory, or if I should continue to compile them into .rbo's, and using my structured layout instead.

Generating .rbo files is the recommended way, but macrubyc also allows you to generate a .dylib based on multiple .rb files. It's however a bit more complicated to get right, as relative paths must be used instead of absolute ones during compilation. It's also relatively experimental. It's documented in the man-page, and if you want to give it a try, feel free, and do not hesitate to report problems here.