[MacRuby-devel] Sequel + SQLite Crash SIGABRT

Mario Steele mario at ruby-im.net
Wed Oct 6 01:36:21 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Laurent Sansonetti <lsansonetti at apple.com>wrote:

> Hi Mario,
>
> Thanks for filing the problem, I will have a look soon.

Thanks, this is a show stopper right now for my Program, as I need a
database in which I can store MP3 tag info into, and keep references to
where files are for playing.  I can't really progress further till I can get
this problem out of the way.  I would use plist or XML, but there may be
hundreds of thousands of songs in the database, and I feel it'd be easier to
go through the SQLite route, as it won't have to pre-load every single
instance of a song in the database, to find one, there by saving memory, and
processor time.

> Generating .rbo files is the recommended way, but macrubyc also allows you
> to generate a .dylib based on multiple .rb files. It's however a bit more
> complicated to get right, as relative paths must be used instead of absolute
> ones during compilation. It's also relatively experimental. It's documented
> in the man-page, and if you want to give it a try, feel free, and do not
> hesitate to report problems here.

It was just a thought, that I could compile all my .rb files into a single
dylib file, and have the executable that XCode generates, link against it,
instead of going the .rbo route.  I'm still quite new to the whole XCode
compiling, and setup, so I'm not exactly sure how to get the Target to link
against the dylib I generate, as shown in the man page, where you do the
'macrubyc test.rb code.dylib -o test'

Mario Steele
Lieutenant Commander 3
XO - Geo 99