[MacRuby-devel] Sequel + SQLite Crash SIGABRT

Thomas Kollbach toto-ml at bitfever.de
Thu Oct 14 11:29:50 PDT 2010

On 06.10.2010, at 10:36, Mario Steele wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Laurent Sansonetti <lsansonetti at apple.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Mario,
>>
>> Thanks for filing the problem, I will have a look soon.
>>

> Thanks, this is a show stopper right now for my Program, as I need a
> database in which I can store MP3 tag info into, and keep references to
> where files are for playing.  I can't really progress further till I can get
> this problem out of the way.  I would use plist or XML, but there may be
> hundreds of thousands of songs in the database, and I feel it'd be easier to
> go through the SQLite route, as it won't have to pre-load every single
> instance of a song in the database, to find one, there by saving memory, and
> processor time.

Have you thought about using Core Data?

It works well in MacRuby and can be used with an SQLite store - although Core Data is more an Object Database then a Relational Database.

Alternatively you could use Cocoa Wrappers for SQLite, the most popular ones being PLDatabase (http://pldatabase.googlecode.com/) and fmdb (http://github.com/ccgus/fmdb).

None of these options is as slick as Sequel, but they will work.

Cheers,
toto
--
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."
    – Terry Pratchett