[MacRuby-devel] Tutorial for the new Sandbox class.

Rob Gleeson rob at flowof.info
Wed Oct 6 03:07:05 PDT 2010

On 6 Oct 2010, at 09:19, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

> It looks nice! Thanks for writing it :)

No problem! My way of contributing back to the MacRuby community, since I'm not that good with C/ObjC.

> Something worth mentioning I believe is that sandbox profiles are actually Scheme expressions, and that the default Sandbox class constructor allows you to pass such an expression, as a string.
>
> If you look at the /usr/share/sandbox/ directory on your system, you will see custom profiles.
>
> However, it's important to note that custom Scheme profiles are considered as private API and might not be supported across OS releases

Thanks for the info! I had no idea they were written in Scheme, or that OSX came with custom profiles.
I updated the tutorial with your information included: http://robgleeson.github.com/documents/macruby-sandbox-class/

Is it more correct now? Sad to say, I'm not a great writer.
Thanks for reading it!

Rob