[MacRuby-devel] backtrace in cocoa callbacks ...

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Fri Sep 17 19:02:06 PDT 2010

On Sep 17, 2010, at 6:34 PM, Steven Parkes wrote:
>> Sorry I haven't seen this thread for a reason.
>
> No worries; I wouldn't think of complaining.
>
> I figured out what's quashing things: I don't get backtraces when I run from a mach executable with dylibs/bundles. I'm not sure which or both of those is causing the issue.

Oh I see the problem then. It is true that the backtracing metadata is forgotten during AOT compilation. It's actually on purpose (to avoid sensitive information to be in the binary), but we should maybe make macrubyc accept -g (like gcc) which would support it. In theory AOT compilation isn't used for development, but I agree that sometimes you might want to do it.