[MacRuby-devel] backtrace in cocoa callbacks ...

Steven Parkes smparkes at smparkes.net
Fri Sep 17 19:14:17 PDT 2010

> Oh I see the problem then. It is true that the backtracing metadata is forgotten during AOT compilation. It's actually on purpose (to avoid sensitive information to be in the binary)

Yeah, I actually think that's great.

> but we should maybe make macrubyc accept -g (like gcc) which would support it. In theory AOT compilation isn't used for development, but I agree that sometimes you might want to do it.

Yeah, definitely a nice-to-have, but less critical. If I'd realized what was causing the traces to be elided, I probably wouldn't have even posted. I had spent a bunch of time putting together rake tasks to create a compile app bundle and once I had them working, I just kept using them.

Guess it's time to expand the tasks to create both Debug and Release bundles a la xcode.

Thanks for the help and all the effort!