[MacRuby-devel] Noob question: Interface builder not picking up MacRuby definitions

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Mon Sep 20 18:29:21 PDT 2010

Hi Iain,

On Sep 19, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Iain Barnett wrote:

> Sorry for the slow response, I've been occupied elsewhere.
>

> On 16 Sep 2010, at 06:02, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
>
>> If you installed a new version of Xcode on top of a previous MacRuby installation, you may want to re-install MacRuby.
>
> It's working now I've reinstalled both Xcode and then MacRuby. It wasn't working before that, but I can't be sure I hadn't upgraded Xcode in the time between the original MacRuby install and this problem.

I see. The Ruby IB support that Xcode ships with does not support MacRuby, so MacRuby has to overwrite it during its installation. It means that if you install or upgrade Xcode after an existing MacRuby installation, the IB support will be reverted and MacRuby has to be re-installed.

Glad to hear it's now working for you :)