[MacRuby-devel] New to MacRuby and Cocoa

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 22:58:49 PDT 2010

Hi Mario,

Welcome! I am sure that the sponsor of this mailing list and project (Apple)
would love to hear that MacRuby pushed you to give up your Hackintosh for an
official Apple machine ;)

More seriously, after installing MacRuby, you will find a list of samples
and examples in $ /Developer/Examples/Ruby/MacRuby/  There is a rtf there
that explains what each example does and the various libraries covered.

You will also find some examples on GitHub and I tried to cover the main
Cocoa elements in my book that you can read online (draft)
http://macruby.labs.oreilly.com/  (we also have some tutorials and recipes
on the website: http://macruby.org )

You don't have to search for MacRuby specific documentation, any Cocoa
documentation will do, you just need to change the syntax. Apple's developer
website has a lot of content you can easily read.

I believe there was also an effort to convert Aaron Hillegass's book
examples to MacRuby.

- Matt