[MacRuby-devel] Including and accessing C libraries

Evan Chaney evanchaney at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 23:15:35 PDT 2010

Hello.

I would like to build an app using MacRuby and Cocoa to retrieve information from an LDAP server, combine it with other data and present the result to the user.

I have not found a great framework in Cocoa for making and using LDAP connections. I also have not had success in including and using Ruby gems like Net::LDAP.

My last resort is to try and use the OpenLDAP libldap C library shipped with Mac OS X. I am currently stuck at figuring out how to include and access this library from MacRuby. Does anyone know of documentation that may help?

Evan