[MacRuby-devel] Noob Learning with Xcode 4 and 10.6 SDK

Tim Case tcrails1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:15:10 PDT 2011

I'm brand new to Macruby and having trouble getting started at even the
"Hello World" level.  I have the Macruby Peepcode screencast and the beta
version of the MacRuby version for O'Reilly.  What I've found is that XCode
4.0 is dramatically different then what I saw with XCode 3.0 in the
screencast so I'm having trouble following along with the tutorial.
 Additionally, I also ran into problems trying to run Matt
Aimonetti's sample code at
https://github.com/mattetti/MacRuby--The-Definitive-Guide.git.  I ran into
"missing base SDK 10.5", I have 10.6 not 10.5.  Can someone suggest a
learning strategy with the best available tutorial/documentation?  I'm
guessing I should try learning with XCode 3.0 because XCode 4.0 is still too
new right now?