[MacRuby-devel] macruby_deploy --embed bug

Nathaniel Talbott nathaniel at talbott.ws
Sun Apr 17 14:18:47 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Nathaniel Talbott
<nathaniel at talbott.ws> wrote:

> Tonight I'll be able to submit a reproduction of the issue (have to
> run out now) but in the meantime, any ideas as to what the cause might
> be?

After doing a bit of poking around and failing to find the root of the
problem, I decided to just fix up $LOAD_PATH by adding the following
at the top of rb_main.rb:

  $LOAD_PATH.collect!{|d|
d.sub(%r((MacRuby.framework/Versions/)[^/]+), '\\1Current')}

I'd still love to see a permanent fix; here are an app and project
that reproduce the problem:

  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/438257/LoadPathTest.zip

With a MacRuby build of master installed, I created the by simply
creating a new MacRuby app in Xcode, fixing it to so it will produce
an Archive, and then adding a `require "fileutils"` to the top of
AppDelegate.rb. Archiving the project and then running the resulting
application will print this to the Console:

  4/17/11 5:11:35
PM	[0x0-0xcf6cf6].com.terralien.LoadPathTest[6324]	/Users/ntalbott/Desktop/LoadPathTest.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:18:in
`block': no such file to load -- fileutils (LoadError)

Let me know if you need any more info,

--
Nathaniel Talbott
<:((><