[MacRuby-devel] macruby_deploy --embed bug

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun Apr 17 18:56:35 PDT 2011

On Apr 17, 2011, at 2:18 PM, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Nathaniel Talbott
> <nathaniel at talbott.ws> wrote:
>
>> Tonight I'll be able to submit a reproduction of the issue (have to
>> run out now) but in the meantime, any ideas as to what the cause might
>> be?
>
> After doing a bit of poking around and failing to find the root of the
> problem, I decided to just fix up $LOAD_PATH by adding the following
> at the top of rb_main.rb:

[…]

Thanks for finding this also! It looks like the recent change to macruby_deploy in order to conform to new AppStore submissions broke the load path relocation. I corrected the problem in https://github.com/MacRuby/MacRuby/commit/f024e510389140e090aa3404ed18744fc6986ef6

MacRuby core has a very intensive test suite, but sadly we don't have any test for macruby_deploy yet. Maybe we should consider writing some at some point to avoid this kind of regressions.