[MacRuby-devel] book idea - "making it look like Ruby"

Caio Chassot lists at caiochassot.com
Fri Feb 11 12:09:01 PST 2011

On 2011-02-11, at 15:25 , Matt Aimonetti wrote:

> Magically converting a snake_case method call to a CamelCase method dispatch
> is bad for peformance and documentation.

I'm not suggesting that this be done as part of MacRuby, but should one want to go ahead on their on…

Wouldn't it be possible to, strictly in Objective-C, go over the headers for each framework and generate equivalent snake_case entries directly in the method tables pointing to the same method addresses as the original CamelCase selectors?

With that approach there would be no runtime performance impact, correct?

(Disclaimer: I don't know much at all about Objective-C internals, pretty much nil about method dispatch in particular.)