[MacRuby-devel] Towards a compile option for macgem

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Tue Feb 22 14:53:11 PST 2011

I think that macgem should just compile the gem source files during installation, by default. We could eventually add a --no-compile argument to skip the compilation.

There is just one problem: AOT compilation does not remember the DWARF metadata yet, so backtraces won't be complete. This is the reason why we are not doing this, yet.

I believe we have a ticket track the AOT compilation problem, once it's fixed, we can turn this on. Maybe we can do this for 0.10.

Laurent