[MacRuby-devel] Help with error message -- MacRuby app to be submitted to Mac App Store

Juan C. Méndez jcmendez at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 15 18:57:44 PST 2011

Hi Laurent

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had checked the FAQ out, but I'm not
sure I'm doing the right thing…

The FAQ says "When including bundles inside your app, it's
particularly important that you ensure they have unique bundle
identifiers that match your company's naming scheme"

So even if it sounded strange to me, I have a script in the build
process that after embedding MacRuby, but before signing the app,
changes the Info.plist at
./Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.8/Resources/ of the MacRuby
I just embedded in my app.  The key CFBundleIdentifier there is
changed from com.apple.macruby to com.mycompany.myapp.macruby

Still it doesn't fix the issue.  It may be that since the embedded
framework has a link ./Frameworks/MacRuby.framework that points to
./Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.8/Resources/, and there is
an Info.plist there, the validator looks at this as two different
Info.plist with the same name?

Anyone in the list has embedded MacRuby in an app submitted to the Mac
App Store and can share?

Thanks in advance!

Juan C. Méndez