[MacRuby-devel] What's happened to Dispatch::Job?

Martin Hawkins martin.hawkins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:48:59 PST 2011

I was looking at the short intro to GCD in Matt's book 'Macruby - The
Definitive Guide'

I have macruby 0.8 and I come across an immediate problem
  macirb --simple-prompt
  >> require 'dispatch'
  LoadError: no such file to load -- dispatch

However, it knows about Dispatch:
  macirb --simple-prompt
  >> @queue = Dispatch::Queue.new('a-queue-name')
  => a-queue-name

but it doesn't know about Job:
  macirb --simple-prompt
  >> job = Dispatch::Job.new { slow_operation }
  NameError: uninitialized constant Dispatch::Job

and, finally, the line on p24, 'To see the available concurrent
enumerable methods'
  macruby -rdispatch -e "puts [].methods.grep(/^p_/)"
  no such file to load -- dispatch (LoadError)
which, I suppose, just reiterates the first point.

Is there an 'official' site where I can post queries regarding this
book?