[MacRuby-devel] Gems again; signing records

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:11:05 PST 2011

IMHO adding Bundler as a dependency would be a huge mistake. First, Bundler code is overly complicated and tries to do way too much. Trying to resolve the dependency tree is not something you should do in prod or on a client machine. This belongs to the dev environment.
We could potentially look at isolate but it doesn't support 'frozen' gems.
The way I see it, we just need macdeploy to unpack the gems you need & their dependencies as well as modify the loadpath. By doing that our prod apps don't even have the need to load or rely on rubygems.

What do you think?

- Matt

Sent from my iPhone