[MacRuby-devel] Subject: Re: Strange NSDate behavior building 32 bit v 64 bit (Richard Sepulveda)

Vincent Isambart vincent.isambart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:20:27 PST 2011

> Is trunk ready for primetime? I noticed some problem reports with 0.9 in the
> mailing list lately and wasn't sure if that was a good idea.

For that I can't really answer, as I'm don't have any real application
using MacRuby. Other people on the mailing list can probably answer
that though.

However, before the fix I mentioned in my previous mail, running our
full rubyspec was crashing most of the time on my Mac, and now it
doesn't crash anymore.

> And i haven't tested at all with 0.8 or 0.9. But I guess
> you guys are primarily fixing things for the 1.0 release and only changing
> things that are necessary.

Well there is one big change in 0.9 (and that will be probably the
largest big change before 1.0) in strings. It fixed some problems but
some methods of strings/regexps also got slower.

> i am not knowledgable about MacRuby's build system. Do you guys primarily
> work off off top-of-trunk or do you tag specific intermediate versions that had
> better stability, more extensive testing, etc?

We all work on top-of-trunk. Laurent is the only one working full time
on it so not enough people to take care of branches...