[MacRuby-devel] Keep getting signature error on submission to mac app store

azzzz at gmx.net azzzz at gmx.net
Sun Jun 12 08:01:04 PDT 2011

Anyone got a step-by-step showing us how to submit an app to the Mac app store? I'm able to submit my app, but I get an email saying:

-----
Invalid Signature - This error occurs when you have signed your app's installer incorrectly. There are two certs required for this process: the "3rd Party Mac Developer Application" cert and the "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer" cert. When signing your package, you need to ensure that you are using the Installer cert to sign your package. Ensure that you are specifying this cert when submitting your app via the Xcode Organizer or when running productbuild from the command line.

----

I have downloaded my two certificates, and I have done:

- Projects > targets > build > code signing > 3rd Party Mac Developer Application:

- Then when I go to archive and it opens up Organizer I go to submit I select the '3rd Party Mac Installer' key.

But it still fails :(

I followed this guide http://redwoodapp.posterous.com/macruby-and-xcode-4-build-a-self-contained-ma when I first set my app up as I thought we needed to do that if we're using MacRuby, but is it adding to or causing this problem?

Anyone successfully submitted an app? How did you do it!? :p

Any help appreciated - I'm pulling my hair out here :(