[MacRuby-devel] macruby_deploy not embedding all of MacRuby

Kevin Colyar kevin at colyar.net
Fri Mar 11 16:56:23 PST 2011

MD5 hashes match.  I am building my app on an encrypted disk image if that
would matter at all.  I wouldn't think it would affect it.

My tester is on a 64bit machine.  I'll try building it on 0.9 and see if
that helps.

Any idea why the directory size would be so dramatically different?

Kevin

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Laurent Sansonetti
<lsansonetti at apple.com>wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> It sounds like a data corruption problem, but it could also maybe due to
> running the application on an Intel 32-bit machine (because, as of 0.10,
> i386 support is not built in anymore by default).
>
> I would run md5 hashes on both the embedded dylib and the one in
> /Library/Frameworks to ensure that no data corruption happened.
>
> Laurent
>
> On Mar 11, 2011, at 3:33 PM, Kevin Colyar wrote:
>
> I'm running the following command to prepare my app to share with testers.
>
> PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin" macruby_deploy --embed --compile
> "$TARGET_BUILD_DIR/$PROJECT_NAME.app"
>
> On my machine, its says the app directory is ~25MB but testers get the
> following error when they try to run it:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded:
> @executable_path/../Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.10/usr/lib/libmacruby.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Applications/ViKing.app/Contents/MacOS/ViKing
>   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
>
> /Applications/ViKing.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.10/usr/lib/libmacruby.dylib:
> unknown file type, first eight bytes: 0x6C 0x69 0x62 0x6D 0x61 0x63 0x72
> 0x75
>
> /Applications/ViKing.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.10/usr/lib/libmacruby.dylib:
> unknown file type, first eight bytes: 0x6C 0x69 0x62 0x6D 0x61 0x63 0x72
> 0x75
> Trace/BPT trap
>
>  When I upload the app directory to a remote server it's ~55MB and works
> only other's machines.
>
> I assume this is due to symbolic links.  Has anyone else seen this or have
> a fix for it?  Perhaps I'm missing a flag that I need to pass to
> macruby_deploy.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> --