[MacRuby-devel] Help test a new MacRuby app

Gabriel Gilder gabriel at gabrielgilder.com
Mon Mar 14 20:00:49 PDT 2011

Seems to be working for me, and the UI of the search results looks very
nice. Congratulations on the app!

A few little bugs/notes:

- In the Preferences dialog you have a typo, "Googe Docs".

- When you open the Preferences dialog, and then switch out of the app (like
say to go find your credentials to copy and paste), the dialog stays on
screen, but when you click back on it, it closes itself. Odd and
frustrating, and I'm not sure what the point is. ;-)

- Also, it seems strange that you have to enter the ".basecamphq.com"
subdomain—I'm sure many of us use multiple subdomains for different client
accounts. I would think it would be possible to authenticate on the main
domain and access a list of the user's subdomains...

Anyway, keep up the good work! And if you feel like writing up any little
tutorials I'm sure the MacRuby community would be interested in hearing how
you got certain features of the app working - global key shortcuts, menubar
items, etc.

-Gabriel