[MacRuby-devel] New guy in town. Advices

Roberto Perez Cubero robj.perez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:57:02 PDT 2011

Hi!!

I've been reading the list for almost month(and using MacRuby since 0.2) and this is my first message to the list, so, Hello!

To introduce myself I will say I'm a Ruby and OSX enthusiasm, I usually develop in Objective-C and made some incursions in enemy territory using c# and .net :-O

Given my passion for Ruby and OSX I think this is the perfect place to live ;). Mixing OSX with Ruby is wonderful, and things like "RSpecing" my ObjC classes seems like science-fiction.

I've already compiled the project and have taken and look to the code, and it looks nice. But, now what?

I think the priority is to fix the bugs scheduled for 1.0 release, but where are they specified?, and moreover, are they "easy" enough for a "newcomer"?.

Which are the recommended tasks for a novice in MacRuby?

Hope I will be able to contribute in this project :)

Regards.
Roberto.