[MacRuby-devel] Two changes to Xcode4 templates

Andre Lewis andre.lewis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:09:24 PDT 2011

Starting from scratch with the Xcode4 MacRuby application template, I had to
make a couple changes for Archiving to work:

1. Project -> Build Settings -> Valid Architectures
  * change to X86_64 only (remove the i386 default)
  * if you don't make this change, you get the error "ld: warning: ignoring
file
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/Library/Frameworks//MacRuby.framework/MacRuby,
file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture
being linked (i386)" when archiving or doing a "build for => archiving" with
the Deployment scheme. Building with the non-Deployment scheme would still
work.

2. Deployment Scheme -> Edit Scheme -> Build
  * Add the default target to build before the Deployment target. (so you
have two targets building under the Deployment scheme)
  * if you don't make this change, you get the error "Path does not exist
`/Users/andre/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Tango-duvzaijhkvprmzdhkzkydcudwljf/ArchiveIntermediates/Deployment/BuildProductsPath/Release/Tango.app'"

I'm still getting up to speed on Xcode4 schemes and build settings. Are
these changes that should be made in the Xcode4 templates?

Andre