[MacRuby-devel] RoxorReturnFromBlockException*

Rob Gleeson rob at flowof.info
Thu Mar 31 00:05:47 PDT 2011

> 	def trigger_action(sender)
> 		a_proc = Proc.new { |var|
> 			puts "hello in proc"
> 			return 1
> 		}
> 		a_proc.call('test')
> 		puts "hello after proc"
> 	end
> That code runs without triggering an exception, and prints only "hello in proc" as expected. However, this variation on the code behaves differently:

This shouldn't print "hello after proc". an explicit return should not return control to the caller within a method, it should return for that method.
F. ex, 1 should be the return value of trigger_action.

If it were a lambda, that behavior is expected (printing "hello after proc"), so I guess there's a bug somewhere.

P.S: Gabriel, sorry, I replied to you directly instead of to the list :)

- Rob