[MacRuby-devel] Mac server for continuous integration

Eloy Duran eloy at dekleineprins.me
Fri May 6 05:42:42 PDT 2011

Well, I’m not completely up-to-date with the specifics, but as I
understand it it would mean allowing your machine to be used by the
travis-ci project as a continuous integration server.

So this has nothing to do with us directly. However, indirectly it
would mean the MacRuby project has a place where we can run our test
suite as well, including testing that everything works from clean
checkout to installation (I think).

As an added benefit it means that others that use the platform can
easily have their libraries run on MacRuby as well, which _should_
allow for more bugs being found and fixed as we get to a 1.0 release
of MacRuby.

I’m CC'ing Josh who works on the travis-ci project, hopefully he can
correct me where I’m wrong and offer additional details.

Some more details:
* https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci
* http://svenfuchs.com/2011/2/5/travis-a-distributed-build-server-tool-for-the-ruby-community