[MacRuby-devel] Unable to Upload Application to the App store

Daniel Westendorf daniel at prowestech.com
Fri May 6 12:06:55 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm running into some trouble uploading my application to the App store. I
have my main application target which validates fine when Archived. I have a
second target, which depends on the main target. This target uses
macruby_deploy with the arguments --compile --embed --gem sqlite3 --gem
sequel. When I go to validate this archive, I get the following:

The binary is invalid. A symbolic link resolves to a file that doesn't
exist. Relative location:
Thumper.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Headers
The binary is invalid. A symbolic link resolves to a file that doesn't
exist. Relative location:
Thumper.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/MacRuby
The binary is invalid. A symbolic link resolves to a file that doesn't
exist. Relative location:
Thumper.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Resources
The binary is invalid. A symbolic link resolves to a file that doesn't
exist. Relative location:
Thumper.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.10/Headers

When I take the .app to a fresh install of 10.6 w/o Macruby installed, it
runs fine. I'm confused as to where to go from here. Does anyone have any
advice?

Thanks!

Daniel