[MacRuby-devel] Rspec Stopped Running Under Macruby

Christian Niles christian at nerdyc.com
Fri May 20 11:59:51 PDT 2011

I have the same (performance) issue too. I believe this is due to MacRuby's JIT, which compiles the ruby source into machine code using LLVM. This improves performance dramatically for long-running apps, but in our case it seems to cause a big up-front penalty.

Does anyone else on list know if there is a way to disable the JIT? I'd love to do some performance comparisons and see if this helps.