[MacRuby-devel] Rspec Stopped Running Under Macruby

Mark Rada mrada at marketcircle.com
Fri May 20 12:07:24 PDT 2011

Rspec 2.6 works on the macruby nightly builds.

Load times are partly due to rubygems being very slow on MacRuby and rspec being split into 4 gems (plus one other external gem).

The other problem is that you have to JIT all the code at run time; you should be able to cut the load time in half by compiling rspec and its dependencies, but that has a couple of caveats right now, you can read more about it in the README for my rubygems plugin:

	https://github.com/ferrous26/rubygems-compile

Also, there are a couple of issues in the macruby trac related to slow gem loading time. You may wish to add a comment there about rspec.

Mark Rada
mrada at marketcircle.com