[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby WWDC Meetup

Erik Michaels-Ober sferik at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:21:13 PDT 2011

> On May 20, 2011, at 1:03 PM, Christian Niles wrote:
>
> > On May 20, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> > BTW, Pivotal has a videographer reserved for the event, and asked if we would like the presentations recorded and placed on their tech talks page:
> >
> >       http://pivotallabs.com/talks
> >
> > Will you and/or Erik's presentations be formal-ish enough to make this worthwhile, or should we pass on recording them?
>
> I can't speak for Erik, but I'm not allowed to do any presentation. I can attend the meeting, discuss the project and answer questions though (like a BoF, which I thought was the plan here).

I wouldn't use the word "formal" to describe my talk, but Pivotal is
welcome to record it and put it online. :)

I was asked to speak at this event by Rich Morin, after giving a short
presentation on MacRuby to the SFRuby group last month. Here are the
slides for the talk I delivered at SFRuby:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/52652887/GUI-Programming-with-MacRuby

In that talk, I tried to make the case that MacRuby is the best choice
for Rubyists who want to do native, GUI development. I assume the
audience for this event will be coming in with more of an
Cocoa/Objective-C background, so I will probably rework the talk to
focus on why they might want to consider learning MacRuby. Does that
seem about right?