[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport (objC header file) simple parser

Spencer Rose dspencerr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:13:33 PST 2011

Thanks for doing this Matt.  I have not fallen off the earth on this one. :)
Trying to do a lot of research and figure this thing out.  InDesign's scripting
API is complicated enough, but the way ScriptingBridge works with it is
making me work hard.  Annoying that running these two commands in the
following languages gives me the following discrepant results;

Javascript In Extend Script Editor:
app.selection[0].contents  -> results in the text of whatever is selected
(eg.. line or word or paragraph)

Ruby run at Terminal
puts app.selection[0].contents  -> <SBObject:0x209373520>
Once again, that SBObject is not incredibly helpful.

I appreciate the parser and will definitely start posting a lot of what I find
as I have some success dissecting the Scripting calls.

Spence