[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby promise delivered

Jean-Denis MUYS jdmuys at kleegroup.com
Tue Nov 15 10:01:56 PST 2011

Following up on my Friday suggestion, I am happy to announce that I implemented a first version a Xcode MacRuby projects that dynamically reloads Ruby source code into a running application, allowing for a very dynamic incremental programming style.

go to https://github.com/jdmuys/MacRubyReload to download the project. The ReadMe.markDown text file gives full instructions.

Hopefully MacRuby Xcode templates can evolve to automatically provide a similar facility.

This is all very simple and very primitive. There is a lot of room for improvement. I also apologize for my Ruby style: I probably haven't written more than 100 or so lines of Ruby code overall yet.

I hope this gets the ball rolling.

Jean-Denis