[MacRuby-devel] Is this possible in MacRuby?

Joshua Ballanco jballanc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:17:26 PST 2011

Hey Aston,

Again, this isn't a question particularly specific to MacRuby, but (since I
was just playing with it the other day) you might have a look at the
documentation for "ipfw". It can be a bit confusing and intimidating at
first, but one of the many (many, many) things that you can do with ipfw is
route traffic bound for one interface on the local machine to a different
interface (and back again to the original, if you like). The only downside
is that you need administrator permissions to configure ipfw...but then you
would need that, regardless of the specific mechanism, to alter traffic
routing on a machine.

Cheers,

Josh