[MacRuby-devel] GPL and the App Store

Mike Boone mike at boonedocks.net
Thu Oct 6 19:03:45 PDT 2011

Matt & Josh, thanks for your replies.

I'm also not a lawyer. I like Ruby and would love to see it flourish
on the Mac (and hopefully iOS one day). It would be nice if the
license implications were clearer to developers.

I'm not experienced with Ruby's source code. The only files which
mention the GPL in LEGAL are parse.c and util.c. Is the "vanilla"
MacRuby using those? If not, it seems there is no issue, but perhaps
the documentation should reflect this.

Thanks,
Mike.