[MacRuby-devel] Progress towards 1.0?

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:28:19 PDT 2011

Hi Dave,

The project is more stable than ever and we are planning a 0.11
release for really soon which should be hopefully followed by a 1.0
release.
Laurent recently became a dad and he's currently in parental leave
which explains why he didn't contribute too much code recently.
MacRuby is now really stable and we want to keep it that way and release 1.0
We have started talking about what the plan is for post 1.0, but you
need to realize that many people now really on MacRuby and books are
being written so stability is key.

I think it would be great to see more open source projects around
MacRuby, maybe some people are willing to pick up the work with
HotCocoa or contribute new libraries. A better GCD might also be
interesting to have.

But maybe, instead I should ask you what you are expecting or hoping for?

Thanks,

- Matt

Sent from my iPad