[MacRuby-devel] Advice for Total Tyro

Bryan Harrison bryan at bryanharrison.com
Mon Oct 17 14:14:08 PDT 2011

Those are all interesting and useful points and I appreciate everyone's willing to respond at length.  As always, I wonder why extraordinary generosity isn't part of the geek stereotype.

Since I'm interested in developing for both OS X and iOS, "no Ruby on iOS" is the clincher.  And given that Apple doesn't hesitate to squelch tech when it feels like it, I'm clear that committing to any technology it hasn't blessed is "at your own risk."

Still, MacRuby is very promising.  I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks again,
Bryan