[MacRuby-devel] Advice for Total Tyro

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:28:38 PDT 2011

>> And given that Apple doesn't hesitate to squelch tech when it feels like it, I'm clear that committing to any technology it hasn't blessed is "at your own risk."

While this is partly true, I don't see what Apple could realistically
do to hurt MacRuby developers (and why they would do that).
Actually, the fact that MacRuby doesn't ship as a public framework in
Lion is a blessing in disguise since developers don't have to wait for
Apple's blessing to use the latest version of the framework.

So, the only valid argument I personally agree with is the current
lack of iOS support, but even that, writing OS X and iOS apps is quite
different and I don't think many people only use one code base for
both platforms.

- Matt