[MacRuby-devel] Update

Laurent Sansonetti laurent.sansonetti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:46:03 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

So we had a team chat, and we agreed on the following.

First, we will release master as 0.12 (and just forget about 0.11). It
is important since master has changes for the latest Xcode that have
never been snipped yet. I will work on this. In the meantime, if you
can, please do install one of the latest nightly builds and let us
know of any regression. It is likely that 0.12 will be one of the last
releases before 1.0.

Second, we will prepare a new landing page for the project, which will
be hosted on GitHub. The page will be very minimal, as we intend to
use the wiki for the real content. Josh volunteered to work on this,
he does not need more help. Watson has been working on the necessary
Wiki pages, but we might need more. If you're interested, the Wiki is
open to anyone, you can create new pages or edit existing ones:
https://github.com/macruby/macruby/wiki

Third, we will migrate the tickets from trac to GitHub. Jake Smith and
Dan Sinclair volunteered to work on this. We will coordinate so that
the process will be as smooth as possible. No more help is required
here.

Fourth, we will move the nightly build system to a new infrastructure.
I will provide a Mac Mini that will do the builds and push them on
Amazon S3 (costs will be covered by my company). This will not happen
right now, but somewhere in the future.

We will probably do the first 3 items at once :)