[MacRuby-devel] Greetings MacRuby Dev

Joshua Ballanco jballanc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 07:17:27 PDT 2012

On Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Jonathan Silverman wrote:
> Hi My Name is Jonathan (JSILVER) Siilverman
>
> What is your status? I would like to help you. Also, I seek
> information on Sandboxing MacRuby apps for Mountain Lion and beyond.
>
> I want to help with MacRuby's success, because it is obviously not dead.
>
> MacRuby knights, what say you?

Hi Jonathan!

The current status is that we are looking firmly in the direction of declaring a 1.0, but that means fixing a number of bugs first. As for Mountain Lion, I think there are some interesting discussions we can have around MacRuby apps running in ML and Sandboxing, but unfortunately it's a bit difficult to do so in a public forum (such as this one) considering the NDA you would've had to sign to currently have access to ML.

Right now the best thing you can do is use MacRuby, report bugs with MacRuby, help with the Wiki, and maybe even try your hand at fixing a bug or two in MacRuby.

Thanks for the interest! and cheers!

- Josh