[MacRuby-devel] RubyMotion: Ruby for iOS

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu May 3 12:04:46 PDT 2012

On Thu, 03 May 2012 13:15:52 -0500 Ian Ragsdale
<macruby at ianragsdale.com> wrote:
> That said, I'm wondering if/when any of this will become open
> source?  It's been a long time since I trusted proprietary code
> more than open source stuff.  Open source projects can aways be
> forked or maintained by someone else, but if a proprietary company
> drops support for whatever reason, your codebase depending on them
> is in trouble.
>
> I'm not trying to suggest in any way that you guys would do that,
> but it does make me a little nervous suggesting using this to any
> of my clients.

I have to agree. I have no fundamental problem with paying for stuff,
but I do have trouble with a code base that can't later be picked up
and actively developed by someone else if the initial developers
vanish. Apologies for injecting any negativity here.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com