[MacRuby-devel] RubyMotion: Ruby for iOS

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu May 3 12:17:42 PDT 2012

On Thu, 03 May 2012 15:04:46 -0400 "Perry E. Metzger"
<perry at piermont.com> wrote:
> > I'm not trying to suggest in any way that you guys would do that,
> > but it does make me a little nervous suggesting using this to any
> > of my clients.
>
> I have to agree. I have no fundamental problem with paying for
> stuff, but I do have trouble with a code base that can't later be
> picked up and actively developed by someone else if the initial
> developers vanish. Apologies for injecting any negativity here.

One possibility that comes to mind, btw: if you GPLed the code but
made a different license available for proprietary apps, people
would at least know that if support ends abruptly, the code base will
at least remain available. (This might not be the best idea, but it
was one that came to mind quickly.)

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com