[MacRuby-devel] RubyMotion: Ruby for iOS

azzzz at gmx.net azzzz at gmx.net
Thu May 3 16:49:22 PDT 2012

Personally I think it's the next best thing that could happen aside from Apple releasing it as a 'serious' platform with their full weight behind it. MacRuby was great, but Apple didn't really care about it, Laurent did - as much as he could while not getting paid for it - but Apple didn't, least not from what I saw.

Now Laurent has a big reason to care not only about RubyMotion but MacRuby as well, and I think so long as the price is always fair, and the support is good, it will be a success.

For people wanting an open source solution, don't forget about MobiRuby which will be based on mRuby.

If Laurent did want to play around with free/paid version, I would suggest a free version without any support, and a paid version that gives access to support forums/tickets etc with an annual renewal of about $20 - $100 (most forum platforms charge around 20 to $40).

Exciting times for Ruby developers! I'm just sad I haven't got the time to have a play with RubyMotion yet, but hope to use it for my 3rd Ruby/Rails project.

Aston