[MacRuby-devel] macruby_deploy

Robert Carl Rice rice.audio at pobox.com
Thu Sep 20 10:47:10 PDT 2012

The silence is defening!

Is anyone able to get a compiled and sandboxed MacRuby project accepted to the App Store?

If I understand how macruby_deploy works then it seems that it is trying to duplicate a lot of work that Xcode does by post-processing an Xcode application package. It also seems to me that it would solve my problem it I could include a source code bundle for the  macruby runtime in my project so that Xcode would build it correctly with sandboxing enabled. Then I would need an option for macruby_deploy to not overwrite the executable, or, better yet, a macruby pre-compiler that I could invoke from the Xcode "Build Rules". Then I wouldn't need to run macruby_deploy and the build should even run faster since code signing would only run once.

So what don't I understand about macruby_deploy?

Thanks,
Bob Rice