[MacRuby-devel] What's going on with MacRuby?

Jim Getzen jim at getzen.name
Fri Sep 28 11:42:41 PDT 2012

Josh,

The recent Github activity is nice to see, and your point about MacRuby being fairly mature is well-taken.

When I saw that Watson joined the RubyMotion team, saw the commits slow down, and noticed the lack of mailing list activity (especially compared to the RubyMotion Google group activity), I got a little worried. I'm putting a fair amount of time into some MacRuby projects, I love it, and I want to see it thrive.

Aside from that broad concern, I have experienced only one particular issue, for which I filed a bug report (#137). It's no biggie, and I certainly don't expect anybody to jump on it, since it's pretty low in priority.

Hopefully, we will see some of the RM code (such as the memory management model) make it back into the MR code.

Jim