[MacRuby-devel] What's going on with MacRuby?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Fri Sep 28 12:48:09 PDT 2012

On Sep 28, 2012, at 11:42, Jim Getzen wrote:
> Hopefully, we will see some of the RM code (such as the memory
> management model) make it back into the MR code.

I'd love to see a cooperative and friendly relationship grow
between the MR and RM communities, but I'm not sure that this
will flower without a bit of gardening.

Based on their previous contributions, my expectation is that
the RM folks will be inclined towards sharing.  However, they
may not be able to justify the time and effort of porting code.

So, it might be appropriate for folks in the MR community to
reach out, offering help in porting and/or sponsorship of
particular technologies, use cases, etc.

Basically, if any of you have (or know about) a funded project
that depends on MR, you have the means and motivation to promote
its development.

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation