[MacRuby-devel] OS X10.9 & MacRuby's future...

Mark Villacampa markvjal at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:41:34 PDT 2013

IMHO MacRuby and now Rubymotion apps deployment is really reasy. To create a release version of a .app in RubyMotion you just "rake release" and you're done.

For cross-platform development with Qt, Tk or wx, the situation in Python has always been better than in Ruby. I don't know how we'll maintained the ruby bindings for each of those GUI toolkits are, but packaging and deployment of such apps has always been a pain even in Python. I don't know if a toolkit-indepented ruby2app library would be the solution. Too many differences between them. If only each of the bindings had nice a packing workflow for each OS...