[SmartcardServices-Dev] Proposal for patching and maintaining the main source repository

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Sun Aug 9 13:46:56 PDT 2009

On Aug 1, 2009, at 12:01 AM, William Siegrist wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2009, at 3:49 PM, William Siegrist wrote:

>>> Yes, please.
>>

>> To setup a SmartcardCCID environment:
>>
>> $ mkdir ~/ccid && cd ~/ccid
>> $ curl -kLO http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/smartcardservices/trunk/SmartcardCCID/SmartcardCCID.plist
>> $ darwinbuild -init SmartcardCCID.plist
>

> I added some new logic to darwinbuild that will download plists from
> http or scp URLs. If you update to the latest version of
> darwinbuild, the above steps can be replaced with:
>
> $ mkdir ~/ccid && cd ~/ccid
> $ darwinbuild -init http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/smartcardservices/trunk/SmartcardCCID/SmartcardCCID.plist

And now darwinbuild can handle subversion working copies (as of rev
544). I made the necessary modifications to the SmartcardCCID.plist
already, so now the entire workflow is down to:

$ mkdir ~/ccid && cd ~/ccid
$ darwinbuild -init http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/smartcardservices/trunk/SmartcardCCID/SmartcardCCID.plist
$ darwinbuild SmartcardCCID

You do not need "-nosource" anymore since darwinbuild knows the
project is an svn working copy. The working copy is where it was
before, BuildRoot/SourceCache/SmartcardCCID/SmartcardCCID-1/.  Right
now, darwinbuild will always do an "svn update" on the working copy
before building, so you may end up seeing conflicts/merges. I could
add a "-nosvnupdate" option if this becomes an issue.

-Bill