[SmartcardServices-Dev] Trouble w/ pcscd and MSC

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 23:31:04 PDT 2009

2009/6/3 Johnny Alaska <johnnyalaska at gmail.com>:
> I am trying to develop a mac os X application (in cocoa) that uses the pcscd
> to access a couple of CCID compliant devices. The long term goal is to use
> these devices to recognize which user is interacting w/ the program. At the
> moment I am just getting started and trying to figure out how to use the
> pcscd.
>

> To get started I wrote the following routine to list the smart card devices
> that are attached to my mac...

[...]
>  rv = MSCListTokens( MSC_LIST_KNOWN, NULL, &listSize );

> Can anyone suggest any debugging next steps?

MSCListTokens() has nothing to do with PC/SC. It is a function
provided by libmusclecard [1]. Unless you have a card supported by
libmusclecard you should not use this library.

The PC/SC API is described in [2].

Bye

[1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pcsclite/trunk/libmusclecard/doc/#_trunk_libmusclecard_doc_
[2] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__API.html